Sunday 23 September 2007

Books Update

Patrick Rothfuss' The Name of the Wind is now available in the UK from Gollancz. I recommend checking it out. My original review is here.








JV Jones' A Sword From Red Ice, the eagerly and very long-awaited sequel to A Fortress of Grey Ice, is due for release by Orbit Books in the next few weeks.










Also out soon from Orbit is Daniel Abraham's Long Price: Shadow and Betrayal (the UK omnibus edition of the first two books in the very well-received Long Price Quartet).

6 comments:

Robert said...

I heard that "A Sword From Red Ice" is being simultaneously released in both the US & UK in November?

Anonymous said...

Could be just me, but neither Amazon.co.uk or The Book Depository have The Name of the Wind listed as available yet. Much to my frustration, I'd have admit because I want to read the novel so badly. ;)

Chris, The Book Swede said...

I ordered the US version despite living in the UK, Lawrence, but a read tells me that she keeps getting an email from Amazon saying the supplier (namely the publisher) keep changing the release date.

I'll be posting my Q&A with Patrick as soon as I get the answers in later this week :)

Wert -- Am I the only one a little surprised that Orbit haven't done much to advertise Daniel's book release? I might request a copy; I enjoyed Hunter's Run.

Best,
~Chris
The Book Swede

Chris, The Book Swede said...

By read, I meant "friend" :S

Adam Whitehead said...

Apparently someone at Tor messed up the release information that was supposed to go to Amazon.com. Not sure what the co.uk. problem was. But the book is apparently being released simultaneously in both countries on 16 October.

Anonymous said...

16 October? OK, thanks for clarifying that. Seems like I am in for a slightly longer wait.